Neo Chorio Paphos is a pure Greek village in the province of Paphos, about 41 km north of the city of Paphos. The administrative area of the village includes a large part of the Akamas Peninsula.
Neo Chorio, is built on the plateau of Laona, at an average altitude of 170 meters and at a distance of about two kilometers from the sea. The main geomorphological feature of the plateau is an anticline with NW-SE direction, which coincides with the ridge of the area. A large part of this ridge extends to the administrative area of Neo Chorio, in its part occupied by the forest of Akamas. The highest peak of the ridge, which falls within the administrative boundaries of the village, is Mavri Siinia (428 meters). The landscape of the village is divided by numerous streams, which originate from the ridge of the plateau and end either on the western shores of the area or in the bay of Chrysochous.
Neo Chorio receives an average annual rainfall of around 530 millimeters. In its area, olives, locusts, citrus fruits, cereals, legumes, wine vines, almond trees, walnuts, chickpeas, a few pears and a few vegetables are grown. However, the largest area of the village is occupied by the state forest of Akamas. The predominant trees in the area are the pine, the wild olive and the wild tertiary. The shrubby vegetation is also very rich and varied and includes the schinos, the xistarka, the pernia, the mersinia, the thrombi, the mazia, the ladano, the tremithia, the latzia and several other species. The variety of wildflowers that grow in the area is also quite rich.
From a livestock point of view, in 1985 428 sheep, 585 goats, 19 pigs, 1 cow and 682 poultry were reared.
Neo Chorio is included in the Irrigation Project of Chrysochous, from which it is expected to benefit in the context of its first phase, with the irrigation of a significant area of land. On the other hand, the implementation of a land reclamation plan on a land area of approximately 170 hectares is being promoted, which will be irrigated as part of the irrigation project.
The village experienced continuous population growth from 1881 to 1946. In 1881 its inhabitants were 182 which increased to 302 in 1891, to 391 in 1901, to 573 in 1911, to 584 in 1921, to 648 in 1931 and to 681 in 1946. Subsequently the population of the village steadily decreased, as a result of the astyphilia and the emigration that began to develop. In 1960 the population decreased to 663, to 503 in 1973, to 441 in 1976 and to 329 in 1982.
The beautiful landscape of the village, its beautiful clean beaches and its proximity to the forest of Akamas with its rich natural vegetation, was next to attract interest in tourist development. In the coastal area of the village, tourist accommodation and holiday homes began to be erected, while interest in the construction of holiday homes began to manifest itself within the village itself. The holidaymakers in the area are locals, mainly from Nicosia, but also foreigners who come here, away from the crowds and noise for a little rest, but also to enjoy the clear sea and the rare beauties of the surrounding area. The Baths of Aphrodite receive a particularly large number of visitors daily. These visitors either come from the tourist area of Paphos, or stay in the tourist accommodation of Polis and Latsios. In August, a large number of Cypriots camp in the area, west of Latsio, up to the Baths of Aphrodite.